The Pumpkin Spice Waffle is a favorite at the Christmas Party. If you can’t make it to the parks this season, this treat will help ease the pain a bit. I’m also one of those people who really get into the pumpkin spiced trend. Call me basic! I don’t care because this recreation of the popular dessert from Disney World makes me and other Disney fans feel right at home. Also, someone who doesn’t have a lot of time on her hands, like most others, I wanted it to find a simple way to enjoy it. I tried some recipes and instant mixes, but rumor has it that the waffle mix I ended up using is the actual mix they use in the parks. Can’t get much more authentic than that! It’s a simple recipe you can make with kids or on Christmas morning without it being a stressful activity. If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can make a pancake version instead. But, if you’re in the market for one, the mini Mickey waffle maker I got worked really well. Pair this festive sweet with one of the Disney holiday movies like I suggested in my blog here. Here are some suggestions for recreating this yummy treat.
Pumpkin Spice Waffle Batter
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Added Bonus: Mickey Mug and a Mickey Waffle Maker! Review of the waffle maker below!
Waffles: You have a couple choices here, ranging from super simple to more labor intensive. I’ll start with my favorite.
- Carbon’s Golden Malted Pumpkin Waffle and Pancake Flour: I did some research and found multiple claims that this is the real mix they use in the parks. After having a taste, I’d have to agree with them. And it’s very simple to make! All you need is an egg and butter to complete the mix. Although, I highly suggest adding about 1/4 cup of sugar and about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice or Vanilla Extract. The mix is a little bland for my taste and adding the sugar and pumpkin spice extract made it absolutely perfect. Find it on Amazon here.
- Other Pumpkin Spice Waffle and Pancake Mixes: For other instant mixes, I highly recommend the Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix from Williams Sonoma. Another trusted mix is My Favorite Pancake Mix. Both are super low maintenance and affordable.
- Bake it from Scratch: If you love doing things homemade, there are some fantastic pumpkin spice waffle recipes online. Here’s a great pumpkin waffle recipe from Cooking Classy.
- Frozen Waffles: If you’re far too busy for any of the above, some toaster waffles have seasonal offerings like Nature’s Path Organic Pumpkin Spice Waffles or even Eggo’s.
Wilton’s Holiday Sprinkles is the classic brand that Disney uses and they’re pretty cheap on Amazon. I bought the combination pack with 6 different types of sprinkles then used the confetti and trees here. Save the rest for sugar cookie decorations! Add some Pumpkin Pie Extract for extra pumpkin spice goodness.
- Vanilla Bean is the flavor they use at the parties, but feel free to get creative here. Try flavors that compliment the spices like chocolate or coffee ice cream. I used Snoqualmie Ice Cream because it’s local to Washington. My favorite brand is Tillamook. Super creamy and delicious!
Sifted Powdered Sugar: Obviously any brand will do here. You can also top off your creation with some cinnamon and cardamom to make it extra pumpkin spice-y!
Hot Cocoa Mug: I’m a big collector of Disney mugs. And this one combines my two favorite things: Mickey and Christmas. They’re selling it in the parks and on disneystore.com.
Waffle Maker: I found this on Amazon for only 15.00, so I bought it on an impulse. It’s the cutest waffle maker on the planet so I was hoping the quality of the waffles would match the design. Mickey did not disappoint. The waffles are thick, fluffy, and evenly baked. Only takes about 5 minutes to make a waffle too! I was weary at first, but I liked it even more than my heavy duty Oster waffle maker.
Well, there it is! You’re very own slice of Disney all wrapped up in holiday goodness. Snuggle up with a blanket and a friend, turn on A Muppet Christmas Carol, and have at it! Go crazy and grab a pumpkin spiced eggnog while you’re enjoying it. Happy holidays, everyone!
Missing the holiday season at Disney World? Fill out the quote form and we’ll work with you on booking your next magical vacation!